December 13, 2005

Times like this I miss my Mom....

I miss my Mom, all the time, but times like this I miss her even more. I was always calling her and asking her so many questions, and I hate not being able to do that anymore.

Emma has a sore throat, it started on Sunday and has gotten worse to the point where she has little voice left and won't talk because it hurts. It was very quiet around here yesterday with her only nodding or shaking her head or gesturing to try and get her point across.

If my Mom were here, I could ask her what I could do to help make Emma's throat better and she would know some home remedy that would actually work. I guess if when she wakes up this morning, she still has no voice, I will try and get her into see the Dr., just to make sure she doesn't have strep. Also, Mitch and I have come down with a cold too, so it isn't so fun in the Jones household right now.

Do any of you have any great words of wisdom on how to make Emma's throat feel better? She won't take any sort of cough drop, says they burn.

4 comments:

  1. I know it sounds gross but my mom used to make us gargle with salt water. And it did help.

    Hope she starts feeling better!
    {{BIG HUG}}
    Jen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to recommend that too...hope she is felling better soon Kim, and you and Mitch too.

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry Emma is feeling rotten! my grandpa used to give us shots of whiskey when we were smaller with sore throats! don't know if he did it to help us or knock us out!

    ReplyDelete