December 02, 2005

1 step forward, 2 steps back

Why does it seem like everything I do ends up taking soo long?? Things that I think will be a breeze, end up taking forever and things I put off as being too hard, I breeze right through? Why is that?

I bought new phones, so we would have more handsets through the house (I programmed them with a Merry Xmas ring tone to try and get me in the holiday mood) and the new phones don't come with an answering machine. No problem, I thought, cause I have voice mail bundled in with my phone service. So I call their 800 number for instructions, as I was instructed to on their website. She tells me the # and my temporary password, I'm on the phone with her like 30 seconds, after my 15 minute on hold time. So I try, and her instructions don't work. DAMN! So back to the phone I go, this time I get a human after only 6 minutes - and she checks and tells me, oh we set up your account wrong, it isn't anything you did, I'll put in a request and they have 3 business days to get to it, so check back late TUESDAY night. So I now have to go until Tuesday evening before having some sort of answering machine. No big deal, but frustrating!!!

We have tickets to see the Pacific Northwest Ballet perfom The Nutcracker tomorrow, and Emma is sick today. I hope she feels better by tomorrow, cause the tickets are non transferrable and non refundable. I've already had to cancel our family photo session this evening because she isn't feeling well, and am missing a day of work. I hope it turns out to by a little 24 hour thing.

3 comments:

  1. The Nutcracker? How cool, it's been years! Hope your little one feels better so you can go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh too funny about the phones, I just had the same problem with the Virginia DMV. They said it would be faster to do everything through their stupid website, so I go there only to be instructed to get a PIN. Well so I go to the place to get a PIN, and it take 7 business days for them to snail mail me a PIN!! So much for faster and more efficient service! LOL.

    Hope Emma is feeling better!! Sending her virtual chicken soup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there! Hope the Nutcracker works out!!

    ReplyDelete