December 22, 2005

Those were the days...

I loved it when I could hold Santa over Brett and Emma's head. You better be nice, Santa is watching, you don't want to be on the naughty list do you?? But this year, for some reason, even though they believe in Santa, the Santa blackmail just isn't working this year. I know, it is terrible to blackmail/bribe your kids, but I'm sorry to say, it is definitely in my parental arsenal! And before it was in my parental arsenal, it was part of my babysitting kit, and that leads me to a story....

I used to babysit for my neice Christi (who is now an RN, married with 2 boys). I told her one time to go and clean her room, of course she didn't want to. I told her if she would clean her room then when she was done I'd give her ice cream. She put her hands on her hips and screamed down the hall at me "That's blabbery!!"

So I guess I need to invent some more creative "blabbery" to use on my kiddos!

1 comment:

  1. Santa blackmail is great!! Ian sees me on the computer so much that the other day when he talked back to me (yes he is in THAT stage now) I actually threatened to email Santa and have him give all the toys to me. Ian then in his sassy little tone told me that "Mommys don't get toys!" We'll see about that!

    ReplyDelete