January 10, 2007

Me - 1 Storm - 0

Well being prepared definitely works for throwing the weather off. We had a tad bit of hail, and a bit of a breeze, but that was it. Definitely not the arctic storm they have been predicting. The kids are on a 2 hour delay for school, due to icy roads. It did begin to snow this afternoon around 3pm but tapered off to nothing by 4:30 and it didn't stick.

Kids still wanted to go out and play in the teaspoonful that was on the ground. But since they have had colds the last couple of days and this is their first day back to school - that was a definite no.

The weatherman is now saying it is going to be 22 here tonight and could be icy conditions tomorrow. I hope it doesn't cause any problems with school. Brett's class has a field trip to see Charlotte's web, which was cancelled once already because of school being cancelled due to bad weather. I hope we will actually get to go this time - I'm chaperoning!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad the storm has held off, Kim. I am so impressed that you have prepared for it. I never think to prepare for stuff like that. LOL, i'll be the one with no water, food or heat if anything ever happens. Now i'm thinking we should at least have some kind of emergency stash. I think I'll work on that this winter.

    Hope the weather keeps clear there!

    ReplyDelete