January 16, 2007

Drama

I run a yahoo group for Military Wives - and there has been DRAMA with all caps this last couple of days. I am saddened to see this, as I thought of most of these gals as friends even though we haven't met. And it all started over a swap, and I stuck up for someone, who then turned around an basically knifed me in the back. Hard to deal with the reality that even though you know someone for 4 years over the internet, and talk with them on the phone, and exchange Christmas cards, that they can declare you useless to them when you no longer serve their purposes.

I guess some of the DRAMA stems from jealousy. I suggested a get together trip for whoever could come, and 5 of us got together and met up in Texas. Evidentally that left some that weren't able to go, feeling left out, and comments were made to the effect that if you didn't go to the retreat - you didn't matter. Which was so untrue, and unfair that it left me speechless. Any time people get together IRL there will be things that are understood and laughed about between them, an inside joke so to say, but that doesn't mean that they are trying to exclude anyone and I thought that adults would understand that.

Mitch says that DRAMA is why women will never rule the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment