January 24, 2007

Go Speed Racer Go!

Horrible day today - nothing seemed to go right. Mitch woke up in a bad mood, Braeden missed the bus. Mitch left me his truck so I could take the recycling and trash to the dump, because it didn't make it to the curb for pick up and was full, and I had a list a mile long of errands to do to get ready for my trip to California.

So, I make Braeden wait until after Brett catches the bus for school, we go to the dump and get rid of the garbage and recyclables, and I'm on my way to drop Braeden off at school. At a time I'm never out, in a truck I don't usually drive, on a road I'm never on - and I get pulled over for speeding.

The motorcycle cop was coming towards me, and he says at the bottom of the hill, he had me at 55 mph in a 35mph zone - $173 ticket. I don't believe for a minute that I was going that fast - but can't really argue with the cop. Also, I had been after Mitch for about a month or more to put his new insurance card in the truck - it was stuck on the refrigerator - and he didn't. So I also got cited for No Insurance - even though I explained to the cop about the insurance card - that's a $538 ticket. But the ever so nice (notice the sarcasm there) motorcyle cop said that would be easy to get dismissed if I showed them my insurance card.

So, anyway, I'm fighting the ticket. I put down that I agree that I sped, but there were mitigating circumstances. I thought the speed limit was 40 and I am sure I wasn't going any faster than 45. So I agree I sped - but there is no way that I was going 55.
So wish me luck - I haven't had a ticket for almost 20 years. Don't want one now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment