January 27, 2006

Melancholy

I've been in a bit of a funk lately. I get this way every so often, since my Mom passed away in August of 2004. I don't think I'll ever heal completely, but I am able to handle the funks better, and for that I'm grateful and so is my family.

I've found that scrapping about my Mom is very therapeutic, so I've been scrapping these last few days to get through the funk.

I'm also running a Kit Smackdown Challenge challenging people to use up kits that they have been hoarding, and this is the start of mine. I've got 103 new, unopened kits and 28 partially used kits. So I've got a ways to go!




The kit is the Scrap Addict Ally Kit from Dec of 2004 and it features Basic Grey papers. This one is inspired by the 2005 AL Calendar on 8/20-8/21. I added MM Rub on Alpha, BG Wholly Cow Rub On, Scrapworks Rub On Alpha, Maya Road Ribbon, and used my Fastenator for the first time! If you want to see the journaling - you'll have to check out my gallery at Scrap Addict :)



This one is inspired by the 2005 AL Calendar on 12/30. I added MM rub ons, charms, mailbox letters and pins, along with unknown charms, Maya road ribbon, unknown ribbon, and again my Fastenator. This is one of my favorite pictures of my Mom, it was taken a couple of days before she passed.

TFL!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing all the layouts. I've been missing them! :)

    Great layouts about your mom! And remember I am always here if you need a shoulder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. {{HUGS}} Kim, the layouts are wonderful!

    I too get in a funk about my Dad..I know part of it is that I haven't actually grieved yet...I am going to try your idea of scrapping about him. Hopefully that will help me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That layout of you and your mom is lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great LOs girl and a wonderful tribute to your mom

    ReplyDelete