January 15, 2006

28 days

It has now been 28 days of rain for those of us in the Seattle area. 5 more days to go to match the record for our area of 33 days set back in the 1950's. We have had brief glimpses of the sun, but mainly it has been a continual grey gloom. And even though everyone talks about how when the Seattle area is, I was suprised to learn that we don't even come close to other places, including Hawaii and Alaska. Hawaii once went 247 days in 1993-1994 and Alaska had 69 days in 1993-1994 (including rain and snow) And Otis, OR went 79 days and Centralia, WA 55 days.

So even though I'm complaining - it's not the worst thing :)

Happy Sunday all.

5 comments:

  1. Holy crap that's a lot of rain girl...enjoy it :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee and I thought England was bad! Hope you see the sun soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how much rain you all are having! It's just crazy! We felt lucky to get 2 hours of it on Sat. night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kim, this is god! I just wanted to know if you started that ark yet? LOL!!

    I guess coming from cold old Iowa the bright side could be that at least it isn't 28 straight day of SNOW!!

    ReplyDelete