January 01, 2006

Grateful

I wonder sometimes why people are like they are. What makes one person ungrateful, when others in the same family are not that way??

I sent a christmas present to someone, and as of now I have not heard from them, no thank you, no nothing. This is someone that in the past has hurt my feelings with some hateful comments and a cold attitude, but I keep trying since they are family. But I think this might be the straw that broke the camels back. DH says I should send an email and ask her WTF, and I guess I will, but I hate being put in that position.

So I guess in honor of this situation and the new year - Happy New Year by the way!! - I will list a few things that I am grateful for and resolve to have a more grateful attitude for the new year.

I am grateful for:

1. Of course you know I'm going to say, my husband. Mitch is such a great person, and he has certainly become adept at dealing with my particular brand of bull shit. Love you babe!
2. My kids. They drive me insane at times, but more often they melt my heart! They are such great kids, and each so different. I am thankful for my little blessings.
3. The internet. When I became a SAHM several years back, I decided to pursue scrapbooking to help fill the time, so I searched for scrapbooking groups on yahoo, and decided to see if I could find one for military spouses in hopes of finding a scrapping friend in my area. I didn't find any friends in my area - instead I found them all over the world. I love my gals from MSP and am glad to have found them! I also found Scrap Addict and love the people on the board, and the fabulous kits and am grateful to be a part of the Altered Design Team.
4.The library - I love being able to order great books at the click of a mouse, and go to the local library to pick them up. Reading is a wonderful pastime for me and the library keeps me in books!!
5. Scrapbooking - I have met so many great people through scrapping, and explored my creativity. Scrap supplies have become my obsession and I wouldn't change a thing!

There are more things I am grateful for, but I don't want to bore ya so I'll stop at five.

3 comments:

  1. That is a cool feature at your library I will have to check mine out and see if they do it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! And I hear ya on the ungrateful ones - aye!

    ReplyDelete