July 28, 2008

Who got the short end of the stick?

This is a running discussion between Mitch and I. As most of you know - he left February 2008 for a year long deployment to Bahrain/Dubai. When he begins to complain about how rough he has it, being away from the family, I feel for him - really I do. I understand that it is tough being away from home and the family - but lets run down the facts and see who really has the short end of the stick!

For the majority of the last 5 months he has been living in a LUXURIOUS hotel, has a driver to drive him back and forth to work, doesn't have to do any cleaning or anything except for his little bit of dishes and laundry. If he doesn't want to cook - he can order room service or eat at one of the 3 fabulous restaurants right there in the hotel.

While I for the majority of the last 5 months, have been cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, taking care of 3 kids, potty training a dog and trying to keep her in the backyard, working, making sure that cars get oil changes, that the lawn gets mowed and the weed eating gets done. That homework is finished, appointments are made and kept, shopping for items for DH that he can't seem to buy for himself overseas (such as underwear), putting said stuff into boxes and getting it mailed, chores are done and entertaining kids 24-7. Kids that seem to think that I am Mom-TV - the 24 hour entertainment channel.

So - who got the short end of the stick do you think? ( I know, I'm whining - and I love my life and my kiddos - but maaaan - they are on my nerves today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment