July 06, 2008

Old Fashioned Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Jen & I were chatting and somehow - we came upon the subject of our love for Oatmeal Cookies. I mentioned that I had an awesome recipe for Oatmeal Raisin Cookies and Jen made me promise to share it on my blog.

So here ya go Jen!

1 Cup Raisins
1 Cup Water
3/4 Cup Shortening
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
2 1/2 Cups Flour **
1 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cloves
2 Cups Oats
1/2 Cup chopped Nuts (I omit this)

**If using Self Rising Flour, omit soda, salt & baking powder.

Simmer raisins & water over medium heatuntil raisins are plump, about 15 minutes. Drain raisins, reserving liquid. Add enough water to reserved liquid to make 1/2 Cup.

Heat oven to 400 degrees.

Mix shortening, sugar, eggs & vanilla. Stir in reserved liquid. Blend in remaining ingredients, including raisins. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown.

Makes about 6 1/2 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment