February 01, 2012

January Roundup!

What reading/learning did I do this month? 

I began an A to Z reading challenge this month and I have finished  A Farewell to Arms and am part way through Brave New World .  I also read just for enjoyment and finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, A Lady Never Surrenders and Spirit Bound .  I took several classes at Big Picture Scrapbooking, including the Roundup class, Cathy Z's Move More & Eat Well, and Ali Edwards One Word.  I also joined Scrap Happy and Simple Scrappers.

What entertainment did I watch/listen to this month? 

We had some extra time on our hands with the snow storm this month, so Mitch & I discovered the Showtime series Homeland.  We watched it On Demand and loved every episode and are eagerly awaiting Season 2.  Streaming Netflix on my iPad has been a real life saver for me as I put in my 6 days a week of excercising.  I watched Season 1 of Downton Abbey and then discovered the PBS app and am watching the current season via that.  It sure makes the time ego by quicker.  On the the movie front, Mitch and I watched the Swedish versions of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest.  Great films!  We also took the kids to see War Horse, and Mitch took the boys to see The Grey.

What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?

Mitch and I had our 24th wedding anniversary and we had a great date day.  We went to the Port Gamble Cafe and I had their Clam Chowder with a Grilled Ham & Cheese Sandwich.  Mitch ordered the Meatloaf Sandwich and I was sceptical, but it was DELICIOUS.  It had roasted peppers and onions and a chipolte mayo. So good.  Ruth & I went out for a girls night, we had Tapas at the Paella Bar.  We ordered the Paprika rubbed Tenderloin on crustini's, The Smoked Trout, The Chicken Flautas and The Green Chile Enchilada.  Such great food, and so nice to get just a small amount of each and be able to try so many different dishes.  We also had a wonderful Key Lime Tart and Brioche Apricot rPudding in Rum sauce.  After dinner we went to the Jewelbox Theater and watched the local production of The Fourth Wall.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?

Mitch gave me 2 King Size candy bars along with a card for my anniversary.  I immediately re-gifted those things to the kids, since my goal this month was to workout 6 days a week - I didn't need to have to work those off too!

What special or unusual purchases did I make?

Mitch and I made the decision to trade in our 2006 Toyota 4Runner for a 2012 Kia Optima.  Mitch was worried because the 4Runner was going to need $$ put into it, was getting ready to go over 100K miles and he wanted something that would get better gas mileage.  This is my first brand new car in 20 years and it has all the bells and whistles I wanted :) at a price that Mitch wanted.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
I had a UTI this month, so was on antibiotics for a week.  It cleared up quickly thank goodness.

What were my accomplishments this month?

This has been a very busy month for me, I took on a lot of new goal/projects and I am doing very well at keeping up with most of them.  I walked 46+ miles this month, and lost 5+ pounds.  I read 2 of the 26 books in my A-Z challenge, I have made 2 scrapbook pages this month and organized my scrap area (again).  Also I went 28 days with no Farmville or Pioneer Trail, which is a huge accomplishment for me, as I was a daily fanatical player. I checked back in on the 29th - but haven't really played much at all.

What were my disappointments this month?

I have not kept up with Project 365+, Project 12 and Take 12.  But I am now starting a new month, with new hope! I also really wanted to take the Get Real project and get my pantry cleared out of processed foods and get us more toward a real foods diet, but that didn't happen.

How did I do on my goals for the month? Anything else noteworthy to include?

I had a lot of new goals this month, as a lot of people do in January.  They were:
  • Blog daily - CHECK
  • Workout 6 days a week - CHECK (I missed 2 days because of the UTI) 
  • Project 365+ - FAIL
  • Take 12 - FAIL
  • Project 12 - FAIL
  • Get Real - FAIL
  • Actually do the Big Picture Classes - CHECK



Day 1 of 1
Miles this Month: 2




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on what you did accomplish! You got a lot done this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed with how far you walked! Way to go.
    I've heard that War Horse is really good. Good luck with your goals in February!

    ReplyDelete