February 05, 2012

Superbowl Sunday


We aren't a huge football family.  My husband doesn't spend time watching sports.  My oldest son is getting more into it, watching the games and playing a lot of Madden 2012.  My youngest son plays football at the middle school.  But, we always watch the Superbowl.

Emma spent a lot of time planning her snack choices for the game.  In the end it came down to a couple of stand by favorites.  French Bread loaf w/ savory dip and a snack plate of summer sausage, cheese and Ritz crackers.  We also had some left over pizza and Emma baked some cupcakes.

Emma also chose her favorite team carefully, and even picked out an outfit to wear in her chosen teams colors. Emma chose to root for the Patriots. Just before the game, she asked me who I was rooting for, and I told her that I guessed that I would root for the Giants, and my only reason - I don't really care for Tom Brady.  This upset Emma greatly and she was put out with me for the rest of the game - especially since my team won!

The half time show was pretty good - I liked the older Madonna songs - but didn't care for the new one at all.  I think you are officially retirement age (or past)  when you are asked to headline a Super Bowl Half Time show. The commercials weren't too great this year, my favorite was the one with the kid in the pool, and the M&M one.  The absolute best was the promo for The Voice.

After the game, we watched The Voice.   We enjoyed the premise, but all agreed that we do not care at all for Christina Aguilera - she comes off as so fake and insincere.  When Emma found out that there was no age restrictions, she was very excited to think that she could audition. She said she  would love to go up there and sing and surprise them when she turned around and they saw that she was only eleven. I love that she has big dreams.


My layout for day 5 of LOAD.  The prompt was about things that stay the same.  My papers are from the Clementine pack from Project Life, Tiny Alpha by adorn it, and Thickers alphabet. Excuse the terrible photo, it was getting late and I was in a rush and didn't change my white balance to account for the lighting.

The More he changes..

Day 4 of 5
Miles this Month: 8




No comments:

Post a Comment