August 30, 2006

Jury Duty

I have jury duty this week. We have to call in every evening after 6 pm to find out if we are scheduled for the following day. One small problem - I FORGOT - until Tuesday afternoon!!

I race home to find my jury duty info and call the recorded line number - whew! Off the hook for Tuesday. Then I have to call the jury clerk and find out if the sheriff's are after me for failing to report on Monday. Whew again - my number wasn't called for Monday either - so even though I forgot to call - I'm in the clear.

I remembered to call in last night - number not called again today. So I have to call again tonight. With my luck, I'll get called up on Thursday when I'm supposed to be taking Emma to her Kindergarten orientation or on Friday when I need to be at work to do payroll. Oh the joy of civic duty.

3 comments:

  1. that's so funny - greg totally spaced on the jury duty he was supposed to do on aug. 7 .... still waiting for our visit from the sherriff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPS! LOL Glad it worked in your favor for Monday and Tuesday anyway. Seem to recall a post though that you had to go yesterday just as you expected. What a bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you didn't have to do jury duty but since we haven't heard from you since, it's not looking too good:-(

    ReplyDelete