February 09, 2006

Big Wind

We had a big windstorm that came through early Saturday morning and when it left, it took our power with it :(

The road that I live on is always like the red-headed step child when it comes to getting power back - last in line. And true to form, it was 5pm on Monday when we got it back. 60 hours without power. We lost all the food in our refrigerator/freezer and all the ice cream in our upright freezer.

Sunday it was 47 degrees in the house, and I knew there was no way I was trying to sleep in that, so we went to a hotel. Also, we had to watch the Superbowl -but that's another story. Turned out to be a big mistake to go the the hotel. The Seahawks lost, and on Monday AM as I was leaving the hotel to take the kids to school, I tripped and sprained my ankle. So got to go to the ER, get x-rays, pain meds and crutches. No Fun!

And where was my darling husband during all this - Arizona. Fun in the sun, with his Dad.

Ankle is healing and house is warm again. DH came home on Wednesday night - so things are back to as normal as can be in this household.

No comments:

Post a Comment