November 27, 2005

And so it begins!

Well I only work 3 days a week, 3 hours a day, but somehow I can not seem to get organized. I so envy the ones that make it look easy, but suffice to say that when I took the "Which Desperate Housewive are you?" quiz, I was Susan. I knew I was a bit scattered, but I didn't think I was that bad!!

DH and I were driving into town, and I was listing off all the obligations that we have coming up. Made my brain hurt just thinking about it. How many times do you think I can use the excuse - my kids are sick - before people catch on or my kids REALLY do get sick?

I think that my alarm should say ...and their off!!!!!

But on a great side note - yesterday DH and I went and picked out our flooring for our kitchen and bathrooms. We live in a manufactured home, or in red-neck language a trailer. Emma calls it a rectangle house when she tells me how much she wished we lived in a square house :) Anyway, it had cheapo linoleum flooring which wasn't wearing well, so we decided to change it out. Thought vinyl sheet flooring would be great, but it is expensive. Was cheaper to go with snap laminate. Did you know they make snap laminate that looks like tile? It's not just hardwood anymore Toto. It is awesome, and so easy to install!! Here are some before and after pictures

***Ugly floor warning*** Before picture




and here is the new improved floor



I think it looks so much better, and so do the kids. Now if DH would just finish putting in the transition piece that goes from the carpet to the new higher tile, so I quit stubbing my toe!

1 comment: