February 14, 2009

Sock Hop

Our PTA put on a Sock Hop night at the Elementary School. You were encouraged to dress up 50's style and come and have fun! Brett wasn't too sure about going, I wasn't looking forward to going - but Emma was excited to go, so off we went. We had a fantastic time! The PTA had awesome decorations up, a fun DJ who played some games like Hot Potato and a Hula Hoop contest. Brett danced with a GIRL! It was totally cute - and he told me that he loved the dancing and was having the greatest day of his life. I was the adult winner of Hot Potato and got a glow stick for my efforts LOL. Emma and I looked more early 60's than 50's - but Brett nailed the 50's look. My friend Paula dressed up too - and she teased her hair into a beehive - and I teased her that she looked like a sober Amy Winehouse. Her kids were dressed in 50's cool, with her daughter having the cats eye glasses, saddle shoes and poodle skirt. We took the kids to McDonalds afterwards for milkshakes and food - and then went to Paula's to watch movies and let the kids play. Fun time!

No comments:

Post a Comment