April 07, 2008

Oh mean mean Mom!

I got a look at Braeden's progress report today - and it was not a pretty sight! All his grades went down from his last report card.

Algebra 2/Trig - F
US History/Government - C+
Computer Programming B-
German II - C-
Chemistry - F
AP English - D+
Creative Writing -A (this is the class he transferred to from AP English)

So now we have had a loud discussion - and I have let him know that I will be taken seriously on this. I have treated him like an adult - and let him know what was expected of him - but not looked over his shoulder - and this is how I get repaid. So no more treating him like an adult. His cell phone privliges are gone, no more computer or xbox, no more watching movies, his car keys are pulled except for driving back and forth to work. He can spend more time with his nose in a text book. When these grades come up to an acceptable level - he can earn some of his privliges back.

So I'm sure that right about now he hates my guts. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment