October 04, 2006

Sweet Sixteen

My oldest son Braeden turned 16 today. I can't believe that I am the Mother of a 16 year old boy. Here he is on his birthday - just after reading over 20 plus emails that my internet friends sent him wishing him Happy Birthday!



He thought it was pretty cool to get those emails, and he even wrote back and said thanks - makes a Momma proud.

Here he is with his birthday present



We originally bought this car for me, then Mitch has used it as a commuter car, and now we have given it to Braeden. It is a 1994 Honda Accord with 150k miles on it. I think it is a pretty decent first car. Of course, Braeden already has ideas on how he is going to trick it out! He got his first taste of car ownership when I handed him the notice that the tabs are due to expire November 1st! ROFL at the expression on his face. We told him we would help him with maintenance, but he is responsible for his insurance, gas and tabs.

Course, now he just needs to go and take the test for his license. I think that will probably happen next week. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

5 comments:

  1. you definitely look too young to have a 16 year old!

    and what a great gift - every 16 year olds dream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Julie, you sure don't look old enough girl! And a major cool gift...tell him Chris will "hook" him up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great gift!! How do our kids get this old on us so fast??? One more year and mine will be driving. *sigh* Happy birthday to your young man. He's quite a gentleman to write us all back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome gift! The car looks brand new from the picture. I'm sure he's going to love it (having to pay for the tags or not!LOL)
    Happy Birthday Braeden! And yes, what a great guy to email us all back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooo hoo! How's it feel to have a 16 year old? Do you have him running errands for ya yet? ;) Update this blog, lady! Sheez, you're about as bad as I am...

    ReplyDelete