June 27, 2006

New family fun item!

Well, Mitch used the chinese water torture method to convince me to buy a boat. He's been wanting one for years - and finally talked me into it. We spent the day Saturday shopping. Looked at a few old ones, and then went to Olympic Boat Center and looked at a lot of new ones!!

Mitch wanted the 17 foot one, but I thought the 18 foot one would be better for us. He finally decided to get the 18 foot one, which surprised me, and then commented that we should name it Kim's Choice.

But after taking it out on the Puget Sound on Sunday, he admitted that he wouldn't want a smaller boat on those waters, or for our family. So I think we should call it I Told You So or Mother Knows Best :)

Here is a picture of our un-named beauty



We had such a great time on it with the kids. I was a bit worried how Brett and Emma would do on it, but they love it and can't wait to go back out. We are planning on going to Oregon over the 4th and spending lots of time on the boat on the Columbia River - so hopefully they will continue to love it.

Here is a somewhat blurry shot that Braeden took while we were out on Sunday.


Hope you all are enjoying your summer!

7 comments:

  1. Enjoy it -- I wish we could go out as often as we wish we could!! It is a great investment because you get to spend lots of quality time together!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!! Have a blast and enjoy the summer!! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats Awesome! I cant wait to own a boat. . but we need a house first ;) Im sure the kids will continue to LOVE it! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally jealous and totally LOVE it

    ReplyDelete