December 15, 2008

Christmas Card & Letter He**

I do this to myself every year - procrastinate until I am in Christmas Card & Letter He**.  Every January I decide to make my cards - and I vow to start sooner - and make it not such a rush, and every year finds me working on them during the first week of December. And instead of enjoying the process I can be found franticly trying to get  all 100 or so of them made, labels printed, christmas letter written and envelopes stuffed.  One of these years, I will actually start them early enough that I can sit back, drink hot buttered rums - and laugh at all the suckers still working on theirs.  Well, a girl can dream can't she?

Here are some photos of the process - and the final product.

Ready to start putting them together - after stamping and cutting out 120 trees and 120 stars, and using the Revolution, Cuttlebug and Nestabilities to cut out the rectangles and the scalloped rectangles - I'm ready to begin gluing. And here is the finished product, after I stamped a saying into the inside of each and then signed the back with my intials and year, and signed the inside - Mitch, Kim  & kids (although Mitch and kids had nothing to do with it).



I agonize every year over what to say in the traditional newsletter.  This year I took a class on BPS called The Scrappable Holiday Letter - and one of her ideas was to approach it like it were a gift catalog - and each of you was a gift.  Mitch and I sure had fun writing this one - although I do wonder if anyone will "get" it when they get it - LOL.  Below is the final letter - I bought a template and scrap kit from Scrap Girls to use to design the newsletter.


 So I finished it all up this morning - and they are officially in the hands of the USPS.  Whew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment